Introduction to F3
F3 — our three Fs stand for Fitness, Fellowship and Faith — traces its roots to a free, participant-led boot camp workout held on Saturday mornings at a Charlotte, N.C., park first held in 2006. The co-founders of F3 are David “Dredd” Redding and Tim “OBT” Whitmire who launched their first official F3 Saturday workout on 1/1/11 on the campus of A.G. Middle School in Charlotte.
Our mission is to plant, grow and serve small workout groups for men for the invigoration of male community leadership.
Our Core Principles
Tips for your first workout (We call it posting)
So, you got past our favorite excuses and decided to participate? Greatness!
We do not show up at F3 for ourselves. We show up for the man standing beside each of us.
Here is one undeniable truth that I know about each of us -we need authentic relationships with other men who are working to be strong fathers, husbands and leaders. Isolation will destroy a man! We have the opportunity to change our community and the trajectory of our families. Getting in the best shape of your life is just a byproduct. The work out is the magnet, the relationships and community with other men will keep bringing you back. Lock shields with us and help us accomplish F3’s mission to invigorate male leadership in our community.
- When you are first starting, it is important to remember to MODIFY as needed during the beatdowns. If you want to go harder – go harder. If you have not exercised in a long time, slow down. Don’t get discouraged or, even worse, hurt yourself. Just show up, work hard and give it your best. That is all that matters. We are not here competing against one another. We are freaking proud of you for showing up at 5:30 in the morning to exercise!
- Read our disclaimer, then simply pick a place to post.
- Visit our Locations to see what site works best for you. You may be closer to another region.
- Check out the Lexicon on F3Nation. We have a nickname for everything we do. The Lexicon will give you a guide to our unique language.
- All you need to bring is an open mind and a positive attitude. Wear your regular outdoor workout clothes and, unless you have farmer hands, consider bringing a pair of gloves.
- If you are not meeting a friend at your first post, simply show up and introduce yourself as an FNG (Friendly New Guy). You will be welcomed.
- Ask us any questions we didn’t cover.